BC – PNP Business. Entrepreneurs download brochure
The capital of British Columbia is Victoria, the fifteenth-largest metropolitan region in Canada, named for the Queen who created the Colony of British Columbia. The largest city is Vancouver, the third-largest metropolitan area in Canada, the largest in Western Canada, and the second-largest in the Pacific Northwest.
British Columbia is the third largest and most westerly province in Canada, it's larger than any of the U.S. states, except Alaska, and is four times larger than Great Britain.
The Yukon and Northwest Territories form B.C.'s northern border that stretches for 1062 km (669 mi.) along the 60th parallel, and to the east B.C. and the province of Alberta share a common boundary that runs in a northerly and southerly direction, as it follows the Rocky Mountains for 1545 km (973 mi.).
To the south, British Columbia's neighbours are the states of Washington, Idaho and Montana, this border on the 49th parallel is 650 km (409 mi.) long. Forming the west boundary of B.C. is the Pacific Ocean. The distance of this coastline that includes the mainland and all islands is more than 27,000 km (16,900 mi.).
What is British Columbia known for?
- B.C. is known for its beautiful mountains and wild life.
- Area - 952,263 square km (367,699 square mi.)
- Population - 4,400,057 (2011)
- The City of Victoria, located on Vancouver Island is the provincial capital.
- Vancouver is the largest city, and also the financial centre of B.C.
List of Cities & Towns of British Columbia
Abbotsford (Matsqui) , Burnaby , Campbell River , Central Saanich , Chilliwack ,Coldstream , Colwood , Comox , Coquitlam , Courtenay , Cranbrook , Dawson Creek , Delta , Esquimalt , Fort St. John , Kamloops , Kelowna , Lake Country , Langford , Langley , Maple Ridge , Mission , Nanaimo , Nelson , New Westminster , North Cowichan , North Saanich , North Vancouver , Oak Bay , Parksville , Penticton , Pitt Meadows , Port Alberni , Port Coquitlam , Port Moody , Powell River , Prince George , Prince Rupert , Quesnel , Richmond , Saanich , Salmon Arm , Sidney , Sooke , Squamish , Summerland , Surrey , Terrace , Vancouver , Vernon , Victoria , View Royal , West Kelowna , West Vancouver , Whistler , White Rock , Williams Lake
- Forestry, tourism, mining and fishing are four main industries of British Columbia.
- The climate varies from region to region, as does the topography. Along the coast, summers are warm, winters mild and wet. The southern interior has hotter summers and cooler winter, while the central interior has warm summer and cold winters.
The top 10 languages spoken are now (according to the 2011 Census): English, Chinese (including Cantonese and Mandarin), Punjabi, German, Tagalog, French, Korean, Spanish, and Farsi.
- Each year, over 34,000 immigrants from around the world arrive in B.C.
Doing Business in British Columbia
- Small businesses make up over 98 per cent of the province's businesses, and provide jobs for 56 per cent of all British Columbians working in the private sector.
- In 2008 the B.C. government cut the small business tax rate from 4.5 to 2.5 per cent, the third lowest in Canada.
- Since 2001, the B.C. government has reduced regulatory requirements by 42 percent and met its goal of net zero new regulations in 2012.
- Our corporate income tax rates are among the lowest in the country, and combined with federal tax reductions, the general corporate income tax rate in B.C. is among the lowest of the G7 nations.
- B.C. currently has the lowest provincial personal income taxes in Canada for individuals earning up to $122,000 a year.
The major facts about BC
- BC receives the largest number of international students in Canada.
- In 2011 The Economist ranked Vancouver for the third time in a row as the “World’s Most Liveable City.”
- According to institutions like the United Nations, “BC is the best place in the world to learn, live and play.”
- BC is referred to as “Hollywood North.” It is the 3rd largest film and television production centre in North America (after New York and Los Angeles).
- BC is home to people of many different origins, cultural traditions, languages, ethnicities and religions. Over 100 languages are spoken in Vancouver.
- BC is only hours away from major US cities such as Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles.
- BC is the only province in Canada to boast a “West Coast Special,” which means a person can ski and golf in the same day!
- BC has the best college-to-university transfer system in North America. Its seamless transfer system allows students to move from one institution to another without losing credits.
- BC education system offers a seamless transition between all levels, from language learning and K-12, to community college, institute and university.
- BC’s Education Quality Assurance designation (EQA) is Canada’s first and only provincial brand of quality for post-secondary education. The EQA Seal shows students which BC institutions have met government-recognized quality assurance standards and offer consumer protection.
- B.C. is the westernmost province in Canada and the third largest.
- Vancouver is the third largest city in Canada.
- B.C. has the largest Chinese community in Canada.
- The top 10 languages spoken are English, Chinese (including Cantonese and Mandarin), Punjabi, German, French, Tagalog, Korean, Spanish, Persian, and Italian.
Top Reasons to Learn, Live and Play in BC
BC teachers and institutions are ranked among the best in the world and BC is the only province in Canada with a provincial seal of quality for post-secondary education (Education Quality Assurance).
Extraordinary Quality of Life
BC, with its cosmopolitan cities, lush rainforests, coastal waters and impressive mountains is one of Canada’s most exciting and beautiful provinces. BC is a safe and peaceful place to live and study.
Friendly and Diverse People
The people of BC are friendly and welcoming. People from many cultures call BC their home, creating a diverse and vibrant society.
Mildest Weather in Canada
BC has the mildest climate in the country. Summer temperatures in the province’s interior region frequently surpass 30°C, while BC’s southern coastal region offers the mildest winter temperatures in all of Canada.
Categories at a Glance – British Colombia – PNP Business
|Entrepreneur||Regional Entrepreneur||Strategic Projects|
|Place of business||Anywhere in B.C. (including Vancouver and Abbotsford)||Outside of Vancouver and Abbotsford||Anywhere in B.C. (including Vancouver and Abbotsford)|
|Minimum investment in a business||$400,000||$200,000||$500,000|
|Job creation requirements (Full-time or full-time equivalents)||Three new jobs||One new job||Three new jobs for each key staff member proposed|
|Personal net worth||$800,000||$400,000||Not applicable, but must demonstrate a record of good business practices and successful business operations|
|Ability to propose a key staff member?||Yes. The principal applicant can propose one key staff member in the application.||No||Yes. Up to five.|
|Process Time||20 to 24 Months||4 to 6 Months||4 to 6 Months|
Difference between Enterprenour and Investor Visa
|S.No||Entrepreneur Visa||Investor Visa|
|1||Invest money in your own business.||Invest money in the account of government. i.e bound etc.|
|2||Can provide Jobs to his/her family by own business.||Find out Odd Jobs|
|3||It is Fast Track Visa Process||It is Slow Process.|
|4||In this program, just to invest money between Cdn$ 2 to 4 Lac.||In this program, invest minimum Cdn$ 8 Lac (Refundable after 5 Years Term) or Invest only interest (non refundable) i.e Cdn$ 2.40 Lac.|
|5||In this program, no Canadian bank provide Initial loan.||Bank Loan Available , Bank charges Cdn$ 2.40 Lac for the net deposit amount of Cdn$ 8 lac|
|6||This program requires more documentation and only experienced consultant handles business entrepreneur cases.||This Program requires less documentation and bank also gives referral commission (i.e 15-20% on Cdn 2.40 Lac) for each client. So this program is first choice of agents.|
|7||This program requires exploratory tour. Also requires business reports and method of execution. Which can be done by only experienced consultant?||It requires nothing, just pay Cdn$ 2.40 lac ( Non Refundable ) and got PR within 2-3 years. In actual , client buying PR buy paying amount of Cdn 2.40 Lac|
|8||In this program, buy investing money of 1.20 Lac in business, got ownership of business and also provide jobs to other family members.||In this program , by spending money of 1.40 Lac ( non Refundable ) , whole family have to find out jobs ( whatever available)|
British Columbia – PNP Business. Entrepreneurs
British Columbia is one of North America’s most dynamic places to do business. Entrepreneurs benefit from our strategic location, low taxes, competitive operating costs and a multicultural workforce that is well educated, highly skilled and productive.
If you are an entrepreneur ready to invest in and actively manage a business in the province, may be eligible for the BC Provincial Nominee Program’s (PNP) Business Immigration stream. This stream accelerates the permanent residence application process for individuals who can establish themselves in B.C. and develop a business that will provide significant economic benefits to the province. To qualify, you must meet specific personal net worth thresholds, make a minimum investment in an eligible business, be actively involved in the daily management of the business, and create one or more new jobs for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
The Business Immigration application process has two phases :
- In phase one, you sign a performance agreement and are initially supported for a two-year work permit.
- In phase two, you arrive in B.C. on the work permit, establish and actively manage your business, and complete the investment and job-creation requirements.
Applicants are nominated by the BC PNP for Permanent Residence in Canada only when they satisfy the terms of their performance agreement. You can apply to the PNP as a business immigrant in one of three categories as described below. Each category has specific requirements. The Enterprenour Category is the best choice if :
The Enterprenour Category
- You would like to start or purchase and expand a business anywhere in B.C.
- You have a personal net worth of at least $800,000.
- You intend to invest at least $400,000 in (and acquire at least one-third equity ownership of) the business.
- You can commit to creating at least three new jobs for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- You would like to propose one key staff member on your application.
Regional Enterprenour category
- You would like to start or purchase and expand a business outside of the Vancouver and Abbotsford metropolitan areas.
- You have a personal net worth of at least $400,000.
- You intend to invest at least $200,000 in (and acquire at least one-third equity ownership of) the business.
- You can commit to creating at least one new job for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Strategic Projects category
- Your company is interested in setting up a B.C.-based operation (such as a branch office or subsidiary) anywhere in the province.
- Your company intends to make an equity investment of at least $500,000 in the business.
- You would like to propose up to five key staff members on the application and you can commit to create at least three new jobs for each key staff member.
Note : The Regional Business Suceesion Options is a good choice if you intend to purchase and manage an existing B.C. business. This option applies to all business immigration categories where the business is located outside of the Vancouver and Abbotsford metropolitan areas. This category offers priority processing and includes reduced job creation requirements.
Case Processing Flow Chart – BC Business Entrepreneur Class
|Step 1||SWICS Registration|
|Step 2|| Process for Invitation (BC Government Agency)
(Maximum 2 person travel on exploratory tour, No Children Allowed.)
|Step 3|| Apply Exploratory Visa
- Prepare Tour of Minimum 1 - to 3 Months (Explore BC and Other States)
- SWICS Will Provide Database of Units ready for sale or partnership
|Step 4|| Apply BC – PNP Business Nomination
- ( 4 to 6 Months Process , Including Interview by BC Officer)
- Sign Performance Agreement
|Step 5|| Apply 2 Yrs Open Work Permit – Without Job Offer.
- All family members are allowed to work or study in Canada
- Free to Travel any state
|Step 6|| Travel to British Colombia (Canada)
- Transfer Cdn 200,000/- Into Your Account.
- Submit Arrival Report.
- Buy or Develop Business or Partnership (Min 1/3rd Share )
- Register Business With BC Government.
- Submit Final Report For Completion
|Step 7||Apply For BC PNP Nomination For PR|
Note : Our Competitor Companies are charging Cdn$ 25,000 to 30,000 for the same Program, while SWICS offer on very low price i.e. Just Cdn$ 5000 (With No Loss – No Profit Basis)